Last modified on November 23rd, 2016
How to catch Ditto in Pokemon Go: Throwing a pokeball inadvertently at a Rattata, can get you purple blob, Ditto. Oh! did I just revealed the disguised Pidgey/Rattata true form, hidden Ditto. Yes, the transforming Ditto can be roaming in your nearby. These special hiding pokemons cannot be caught with spoofing apks like Fly GPS, guopan, pokevision for lollipop/marshmallow. You cannot catch a ditto using pokemon go joystick kind of apks. In this tutorial, I will let you know how to catch Ditto easily without any hassles.
Before knowing about the transforming Pokemon, update the app to the latest version lollipop/marshmallow/nougat app. You can download latest pokemon GO app from here for iPhone/iPad/iOS. Ditto catch rate is around 16%. So, it’s rare you find a ditto, unless you are lucky.
Tips to Catch Disguised Ditto
What is Ditto?
It is a Special pokemon that can transform into other and mimic movements as of your opponent’s in Pokemon battles. In Gym battles, these Dittos can help you a lot to win many Gym battles. Know how to resolve failed to get information issue from Pokemon Go servers. After Ditto is caught , you can fight with Snorlax, Lapras or Electabuzz easily.Let me reveal all the buzz about the purple blob.
Tips to catch a Ditto:
- Ditto disguises itself as a common pokemon. So,be attentive, if you come across pokemons like Magikarp, Rattata, Venonat, Paras,Metapod, Pidgey and Zubat.
- Popular PokeStops like Malls, Gyms and nearby famous places have spawn points where multiple pokemons come. Visit those places, to identify common pokemons. Catching pokemons in such places can increase your probability of catching Ditto.
- Use Incense or Lures at popular Pokestops to catch ditto easily
How do you realise that you caught a Ditto?
Usually, you either catch pokemons by throwing pokeballs or hatching eggs in incubator . You can hatch pokemons by walking 2km/5km/10 km. You can even breed rare pokemons like Scyther, Jynx or Omanyte. Know more about eggs and hatching. Usually, you are greeted with ‘Gotcha!’ after you catch a pokemon with pokeball. However, After you catch a Ditto, you are greeted with “Oh?” and the screen turns into purple. The caught pokemon turns into a Ditto. Some gamers say you can also hatch Ditto from 2 Km eggs. Know how to hatch eggs faster without walking.
How to use your Caught Ditto?
- Ditto can protect your Gym for training from other trainers. After you catch a Ditto, you can also use it transformation power take down other Gyms.
- As, they can mimic the opponent’s moves , you can easily become a skilled Gym trainer.
- You can get Candy, after you walk 3km with Ditto as your Buddy Pokemon
I hope this tutorial helps you to know all about Ditto, the purple blob. Using the above pokemon catching tips, with some luck, you can catch a Ditto on your own. Let us know the pokemon that turns out to be ditto. If you have any issues regarding pokemon Go, we can help you to catch ditto.